A brief glimpse into the world of vintage dressmaking. The goal of this series was to show the fragility of the process of creating a garment, as well as adding a sense of life to the inanimate tools and fabrics used for sewing.
My main concern with the series was capturing the image of the floating dress. I did not want to add a human element to this series, because I felt as if it would take away from the materials I was focusing on. After a bit of trial and error, I found a solution of compositing numerous images of fabrics together to create the illusion of a dress floating. Below is an image of my pre-comp paired next to the final image.